- L.L.M., Taxation, University of San Diego School of Law, 2000
- J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 1999
- B.S., Boston University School of Management, 1994
- California, 1999
- California State Bar Association
- Ventura County Bar Association
Aaron Botti has extensive transactional experience advising clients on a wide variety of matters including entity formation, mergers, acquisitions, contract negotiation, loan and security agreements, employment matters, facility leases, divestitures, and SEC filings. Aaron also acts as outside general counsel for companies in a variety of industries. Additionally, with almost 25 years of experience, he has assisted many small business owners with the formation of their new ventures, day-to-day legal needs, larger transactional matters, shareholder agreements, and exit planning.
In the natural resources industries, Aaron’s experience includes negotiating, drafting, and analyzing various types of oil and gas contracts, such as purchase and sale agreements, joint operating agreements, solar agreements, area of mutual interest agreements, farm-outs, leases, surface use agreements, and easements for domestic petroleum producers.
His professional accomplishments include:
- Negotiating and drafting large secured credit facilities on behalf of land owners and businesses.
- Acted as in-house counsel for businesses in the placement of over $1,000,000,000 in public bonds.
- Representing buyers and sellers in mergers in acquisitions in the natural resources, aerospace, professional services, and other industries.
- Structuring and negotiating international joint ventures.
- Negotiating and closing of more than 6,500 acres of real property and subsequent representation of the landowner in a leasing of oil and gas right to, and entering a surface use agreement with, a large upstream oil and gas developer while developing the property for a large-scale industrial trans-modal facility and industrial complex.
- Facilitation of the negotiation and closing on numerous natural resources leases, surface use agreements, and other ancillary agreements throughout California.
- Negotiation of natural resources leases across the United States.